Henry High School
Henry High School promotes intercultural understanding and academic excellence
Henry High School located in North Minneapolis’s Victory neighborhood celebrates a diverse community that values and supports the experiences of inquiry and learning. Students and staff at Henry work systematically to close educational and opportunity gaps to become a stronger performing community school. Henry honors and celebrates students’ cultures and backgrounds while creating pathways to future learning and teaching, Henry bolsters readiness in college, career, and life for every student. Henry promotes performing arts, athletics and clubs, social emotional learning, project-based learning, restorative practice and internship & mentoring opportunities. Henry strives for family culture, equity, social justice, and community engagement.
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- IB Middle Years Programme, Careers Programme (IBCP), and Diploma Programmes (IBDP)
- Liberal Arts College Prep program
- Community Connected Academy emphasis on project-based learning, social justice, and community engagement
- College credits through AP, CIS, IBDP/CP, MTCT-Education Pathway, Project Lead the Way, PSEO, and others
- Career prep classes and internships
- Strong community partnerships including AchieveMPLS ,Beacons, College Possible, NAZ, Project Success and Girls Taking Action
- World languages: Chinese, French, Hmong, and Spanish
- Special Education services with highly specialized learning disabilities, autism and emotional/behavioral programming
- EL programming
- Athletic, arts, and after-school activities
- Offering Hmong Language and Culture, as well as the Education Pathway Program which focuses on developing future teachers/educators of color
Transportation: High School Go-To Pass
The Minnesota Report Card is a tool to help inform families and communities about their schools so they can make important decisions and meaningfully engage with schools and educators. However, Minnesota Report Card data only provides a partial snapshot of what the experience may be like at any given school. MPS recommends connecting directly with school leaders and communities through school tours, open houses and other events to gain a fuller understanding of how our schools support students and families.Minnesota Report Card: Henry High School
|Receive ELL Services||17%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||69%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||19%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411