Please watch the School Placement Process video in English, Spanish, Somali or Hmong
Please watch the recorded Virtual School Request Kick-Off event from Dec
ENROLLING FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
It’s school request time in the Minneapolis Public Schools!
This is a year of transition in MPS. As we implement the changes brought by the Comprehensive District Design, we encourage you to explore the new community school attendance areas and exciting new magnet programs.
Our online School Request Webpage will be open December 5, 2020 through February 7, 2021. You can explore school options, learn about the process and timeline, and submit your school request online.
Who needs to request a school?
Requesting Your New School
1. READ: Current MPS K-8 families please read the communication you should have received about your assigned school according to the CDD. (High school students are not impacted.) All people looking for a new school, go to Step 2.
2. LEARN: Attend the MPS Virtual School Request Kick-off on Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to learn what’s new next year for MPS. You’ll find a link to the Kick-off on the MPS homepage. If you can’t attend, view the recorded version available at https://mps.eduvision.tv.
3. EXPLORE: Visit ExploreMPS.org and enter your home address to learn about your community school and our centrally located magnets. These are the schools that offer a bus for your child.
4. ATTEND: Attend virtual open houses between Dec. 7 and Jan. 30 for the schools you’re interested in. If your schedule won’t allow, check back at your convenience at https://mps.eduvision.tv to see the recorded versions of those open houses.
5. DISCOVER: Continue to learn more about the schools you’re interested in. Talk to other families from the school, ask questions about their experiences, check out the school’s website and social media.
6. REQUEST: Request your favorite schools by going to ExploreMPS.org and clicking on “Get Started” – or go to the MPS homepage and click on the red ENROLL button at the top – or download a paper request form.
You’ll be notified of your child’s school placement in late March or early April. For assistance, call Student Placement at 612.668.1840.
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 612.668.1840.
Please note - if you have feedback regarding the translations of this website, please let us know.