Ella Baker Global Studies and Humanities School
Citywide magnet schools welcome students from all neighborhoods across Minneapolis. Magnet schools provide innovative programs focused on specific themes such as the Arts, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics), Dual Language, Montessori, and Global Studies and Humanities.
- A global studies and humanities focus integrated throughout content areas
- Band, choir, and arts opportunities
- Service learning and experiential trips, such as a 7th grade trip to Washington DC and 8th grade trip to Atlanta/Alabama
- Diverse student body
- Explicit social and emotional learning with an anti-bias, equity lens
- Full-day pre-K
- Special Education Citywide DCD (Developmental Cognitive Disabilities) programming
- EL programming
- After-school activities
- Community Education
The Minnesota Report Card is a tool to help inform families and communities about their schools so they can make important decisions and meaningfully engage with schools and educators. However, Minnesota Report Card data only provides a partial snapshot of what the experience may be like at any given school. MPS recommends connecting directly with school leaders and communities through school tours, open houses and other events to gain a fuller understanding of how our schools support students and families.Minnesota Report Card: Ella Baker Global Studies and Humanities School
|Receive ELL Services||43%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||81%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||14%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411