Heritage STEM Academy celebrates Somali culture and creative thinking
Heritage STEM Academy School Community — one of Minneapolis’s best-kept secrets for grades 9-12 — embodies a learning environment where everyone feels safe, supported and able to achieve socially, emotionally and academically. During the 2020/2021 school year, Heritage will embark on a robust transformation to a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) focus. Instruction will include intentional STEM integration into core subjects and STEM electives. Students will have opportunities to become STEM literate, think critically and become leaders with a sense of discovery. The foundation of academic success at Heritage is attributed to the teachers’ ability to create individualized learning opportunities for students, so that they can progress at their own unique pace.
- Values cultural heritage and language including Somali
- Special Education for speech, SNAP and other health disabilities
- Bilingual staff
- Individualized learning
- Language support for EL students
- After-school activities
- College and careers preparation opportunities through PSEO and MPS Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Afterschool STEM Themes Specific Programs
- Summer STEM programs
- Weekly meetings with Career College Center Coordinators
- Personalized college admissions counseling
- Career exploration opportunities
|Receive ELL Services||49%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||68%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||4%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411