North High School
North High School unites learning with a commitment to bettering the world
Established in Minneapolis’s Near North neighborhood in 1888, North High’s “Polar Pride” runs deep in current students and alumni. North provides a high-quality high school education with advanced and early college credit courses, as well as classes in music, visual arts, radio, and dance. With strong athletic programming in both basketball and football, North competes almost yearly in state championships and has scored a few wins. North is the future home of the North Career and Technical Education Center, offering real-world skills in engineering, computer science, information technology, robotics, and web and digital communications. The school also houses KBEM, the student-run jazz station that serves as the Twin Cities’s public radio voice for jazz and education.
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- Small class sizes
- Strong relationships
- Grade Level Teams as Family Teams
- Partnerships with local artists and theaters
- STEM internships
- EL programming
- College level classes through AP, CIS, PSEO
- Spanish language instruction
- State champion football and basketball Special Education services with highly specialized emotional/behavioral and developmental/cognitive programming
- Site of North CTE Center offering engineering, computer science, information technology, robotics, and web and digital communications
Transportation: High School Go-To Pass
|Receive ELL Services||6%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||68%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||21%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411