Olson Middle School
Olson Community School ensures students discover and maximize their brilliance
The road to college success starts at Olson Community, located in North Minneapolis’ Shingle Creek neighborhood. At Olson, students join a learning environment designed to instill them with intellectual, social and personal habits necessary for success in high school and college. Beginning in Fall 2021, Olson offers middle school Hmong Dual language programming. Olson, an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme, connects middle school students with their brilliance, helping them understand themselves as contributors to a thriving community. With an emphasis on student voice and choice, an Olson education encourages students to explore where they are from, who they are now, and who they are becoming.
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- IB Middle Years Programme
- Grade-level support teams
- Lego League Robotics
- Special Education services with highly specialized autism and learning disabilities programming
- Advanced instruction, including Telescoped Math
- EL programming
- Middle school Hmong Dual Language programming
- Partnerships with Beacons, Project Success, Illusion Theater, and Jay and Rose Phillips Foundation to support My Story/My Brilliance student-centered learning project
- Athletic and after-school activities
|Receive ELL Services||11%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||70%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||23%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411