Roosevelt High School
Address: 4029 - 28th Avenue South
Principal: Christian Ledesma
Hours: 8:10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Roosevelt High School inspires students to serve the community, equips them to lead, and prepares them to positively impact the world.
Located in South Minneapolis’ Standish Erickson neighborhood, Roosevelt High School offers students high-quality arts and academics with a characteristic focus on social justice and community service. Our welcoming and inclusive community provides rich social and emotional learning. As Roosevelt is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, all ninth and tenth grade students participate in the Middle Years Programme (MYP). Juniors and seniors can take courses in the IB Diploma Programme (DP) or the IB Career-related Certificate Programme (CP) through which they can earn credit toward degrees beyond high school.
Through our Career and Technical Education Center, students can gain real-world skills and experience in auto repair, construction, welding and healthcare. Our Spanish Dual Language Program motivates students to develop critical thinking skills and use their creativity and bilingual abilities to build a more just and equitable community. Roosevelt students graduate driven to serve, equipped to lead and determined to positively impact the world.
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- IB Middle Years Programme (IBMYP), Careers Programmes in Health Careers, Automotive Technologies, Construction Trades (IBCP), and Diploma Programmes (IBDP)
- Spanish Immersion Dual Language Program
- College credits through AP, CIS, PSEO, and others
- Career prep classes in automotive, construction and health
- Arabic, French, Immersion Spanish, Heritage Spanish, World Language Spanish,
- DCD and life skills programming
- Mainstreamed and individual EL services
- Culinary Arts programming
- Athletic and after-school activities
Transportation: High School Go-To Pass
|Receive ELL Services||21%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||53%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||18%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411