Washburn High School
Washburn High School advances achievement and connects communities
Located near 50th and Nicollet in the Tangletown neighborhood of South Minneapolis, Washburn High School is grounded by its three pillars for a well-rounded education: Academics, Arts, Athletics. As an Authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Washburn develops students’ knowledge and skills to succeed in a global society. Our Millers pursue academic excellence through a wide range of course offerings that teach critical and creative thinking. Washburn is a diverse school that offers a full array of extracurricular activities, including athletics, arts and student leadership organizations. Strong community is a priority at Washburn. We are a school that welcomes family and student involvement. Please check out our website for more information. Go Millers!
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- IB Diploma Programme (IBDP)
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) engineering courses
- College credits through AP, IB, CIS, PSEO and others
- World languages include Arabic, ASL, French, and Spanish
- Special Education services include levels I-II for all disabilities and level III ASD, DCD and EBD classrooms
- EL services for all levels offered through both sheltered classes and collaborative model in mainstream classes
- Athletics include all sports offered in MPS
- Over 40 after-school activities available for students
Transportation: High School Go-To Pass
|Receive ELL Services||13%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||29%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||10%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411