Sanford Middle School
Address: 3524 - 42nd Ave. S.
Principal: Ahmed Amin
Hours: 8:40 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Sanford Community School builds strong and caring relationships with families, students and community
Close to the banks of the Mississippi River in the South Minneapolis Longfellow neighborhood, Sanford Community creates a community of curious, collaborative, open-minded global citizens. Sanford is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) School continuing its almost 100-year history of celebrating immigrant and multicultural pride. A Sanford education embeds critical thinking skills in all lessons, teaching more than just content so students become life-long learners.
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- IB Middle Years Programme
- Arts integrated into core subjects
- Student teams build relationships
- Ojibwe, Spanish language instruction
- CARE team of Counselors, Social Workers, and Restorative Advocates to help navigate adolescent years
- Project Lead the Way
- Special Education services with highly specialized autism, emotional/behavioral and developmental/cognitive programming
- Advanced instruction, including Telescoped Math
- EL programming
- Partnerships with YWCA for social groups
- Extensive after-school activities and athletics
|Receive ELL Services||7%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||32%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||16%||15%|
Roosevelt High School4029 - 28th Avenue South
Community: 29, 12, 26
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411