Sanford Middle School
Sanford Community School builds strong and caring relationships with families, students and community
Close to the banks of the Mississippi River in the South Minneapolis Longfellow neighborhood, Sanford Community creates a community of curious, collaborative, open-minded global citizens. Sanford is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) School continuing its almost 100-year history of celebrating immigrant and multicultural pride. A Sanford education embeds critical thinking skills in all lessons, teaching more than just content so students become life-long learners.
Community schools reflect the rich histories of our city’s unique neighborhoods and celebrate our students' diverse cultural backgrounds. Community schools provide high-quality academic programs with smooth academic pathways from elementary to through high school that build students’ skills and fuel their interests each step of the way.
- IB Middle Years Programme
- Arts integrated into core subjects
- Student teams build relationships
- Ojibwe, Spanish language instruction
- CARE team of Counselors, Social Workers, and Restorative Advocates to help navigate adolescent years
- Project Lead the Way
- Special Education services with highly specialized autism, emotional/behavioral and developmental/cognitive programming
- Advanced instruction, including Telescoped Math
- EL programming
- Partnerships with YWCA for social groups
- Extensive after-school activities and athletics
The Minnesota Report Card is a tool to help inform families and communities about their schools so they can make important decisions and meaningfully engage with schools and educators. However, Minnesota Report Card data only provides a partial snapshot of what the experience may be like at any given school. MPS recommends connecting directly with school leaders and communities through school tours, open houses and other events to gain a fuller understanding of how our schools support students and families.Minnesota Report Card: Sanford Middle School
|Receive ELL Services||7%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||32%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||16%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411