Emerson Dual Language Elementary School
Citywide magnet schools welcome students from all neighborhoods across Minneapolis. Magnet schools provide innovative programs focused on specific themes such as the Arts, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics), Dual Language, Montessori, and Global Studies and Humanities.
- Dual Language (Spanish-English) program
- EL programming
- Advanced instruction, including Telescoped Math
- Bilingual staff (Spanish-English)
- Strong community partnerships
- After-school activities and community ed. classes
- Physical Education, Art, MLC (Music, Language and Culture), and Media classes in Spanish
- Band classes for all 5th grade students
- Special education services
- Teaching interns from Spanish-speaking countries
The Minnesota Report Card is a tool to help inform families and communities about their schools so they can make important decisions and meaningfully engage with schools and educators. However, Minnesota Report Card data only provides a partial snapshot of what the experience may be like at any given school. MPS recommends connecting directly with school leaders and communities through school tours, open houses and other events to gain a fuller understanding of how our schools support students and families.Minnesota Report Card: Emerson Dual Language Elementary School
|Receive ELL Services||44%||17%|
|Qualify for free or reduced lunch||55%||48%|
|Receive Special Education Services||10%||15%|
English : 612.668.1840
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1250 W. Broadway Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55411